- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, 1 cup chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 8 oz white or brown mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3-4 tsp salt, (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4” thick pieces.
- 5 cups cooked chicken, (shredded)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup corn, (frozen or canned)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
For Complete Cooking STEPS Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends.
Recipes you may like
~ CALIFORNIAN SPAGHETTI SALAD ~
- Heat a dutch oven or soup pot over medium/high heat and melt in 6 Tbsp butter. Add chopped onion, chopped celery, and sliced carrots and sauté 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly golden.
- Add sliced mushrooms and garlic and sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add 1/3 cup flour and stir constantly for 1 minute until golden.
- Add 6 cups chicken stock, sliced potatoes, 3 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste), and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, partially cover and cook 12-15 minutes or just until potatoes are tender.
- Add shredded chicken, frozen peas, and frozen corn, 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup parsley. Bring back to a simmer and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until peas and corn are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from heat.