For the cake:
- 1 1/2 Cups flour
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 Cup butter melted
- 1 Cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
For the frosting:
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate chopped
- 3/4 Cup whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon butter
For Complete Cooking STEPS Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends.
Recipes you may like
~ CALIFORNIAN SPAGHETTI SALAD ~
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line with parchment paper an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt directly in the pan. Sift until combined.
- Add the water, butter, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place the cake on a wire rack to cool completely in it’s pan.
- Add the cream and butter to a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer, this will take 2 – 3 minutes. Immediately remove from heat. Add the chocoalte and stir until you have a smooth glossy texture, this will take less than a minutes. Set aside.
- When the cake has cooled completely, pour over ganache and smooth until even. Leave to set completely. Cut into desired squares.
- Will keep in the fridge in an airtight container up to four days.